Table of Contents for
PART ONE: GROWTH AND THE DYNAMICS OF PRODUCTIVE STRUCTURE
1. The Quest for Dynamic Efficiency: Structural Dynamics and Economic Growth in Developing Countries
2. Trade Openness and Technology Gaps in Latin America: A "Low-Growth Trap"
3. Four Sources of "De-Industrialization" and a New Concept of the "Dutch Disease"
4. Globalization, Rising Labor Inequality, and Poverty in Latin America
PART TWO: MACROECONOMIC VULNERABILITIES
5. Developing-Economy Cycles
6. Fiscal Policy Efficacy and Private Deficits: A Macroeconomic Approach
7. External Debt, Growth, and Sustainability
8. Divergence and Growth Collapses: Theory and Empirical Evidence